Friday, June 4, 2010

Strawberry Baked Brie

Every year around Thanksgiving we make a baked cranberry brie, which everyone always loves. I have played around with recipe I have a bit, making it with different types of crusts (phyllo, puffed pastry) and different types of fruit topping (cranberry sauce, raspberry preserves among other things). Well, a month ago I was participating in a marketing campaign for President cheese and received a coupon for a free cheese item of my choice. I naturally decided to go with a brie wheel. Since it was spring, I thought I'd try to update my basic baked brie recipe to find something that would be more appropriate for a sunny spring day.

Strawberry Pecan Baked Brie
5 sheets Phyllo dough, thawed
1 round brie
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
1/2 cup sliced strawberries

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a round cake pan with non stick cooking spray. Lay one layer of brie in pan and lightly brush with melted butter. Lay a second layer on top of the first, overlapping slightly so that it is not completely on top of the first. Brush second layer with melted butter. Continue until all sheets of phyllo have been layered. Place brie in center of the phyllo sheets and gently press phyllo against the sides of the brie to make a "nest". Cover the top of the brie with chopped pecans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until phyllo is a golden brown. Allow brie to cool off slightly before placing sliced strawberries on top. Serve with crackers!

No comments:

Post a Comment