Monday, June 7, 2010

Aunt Mary's Sloppy Joes

My mom's Aunt Mary (the sister of my grandma) use to have the most wonderful recipe for sloppy joes, which she use to make all the time and never shared with anyone. It was her super secret recipe. Sadly, around the time I was in junior high she was diagnosed with cancer. She died when I was a freshman in high school. Thankfully, before her death, she finally agreed to share her recipe with everyone, for which we will always be thankful. This recipe brings back wonderful memories of being at her house as a little girl, sitting by the pool, eating sloppy joes, potato chips, and a big glass of Minute Maid fruit punch. I hope that someday I'll have the privilege of sharing this meal with my grandchildren and grand nieces and nephews, too :)

Aunt Mary's Sloppy Joes
2 lbs. ground beef
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 pkg. burrito seasoning
1 8 oz. can of V-8
1 can tomato soup

Brown ground beef. Drain fat. Mix in onion soup, burrito seasoning, V-8 and tomato soup. Cover and allow to simmer until thick. Serve on potato rolls or hamburger buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment